Close

Popular Pages

Edsel Ford Memorial Library

History

The original building was a gift from Eleanor Clay Ford and her three sons — Henry Ford II '36, Benson Ford '38, and William Clay Ford '43 — in memory of her husband, Edsel Bryant Ford. Designed by Henry S. Waterbury of Delano and Aldrich, the Edsel Ford Memorial Library opened in 1952. A major expansion and renovation was completed in 1981 under the direction of architect Evans Woollen '45. In 1999, the first floor of the library was renovated to create a teaching and reference center.