We are committed to making the Hotchkiss experience available to as many families as possible and look forward to working with you.
To determine fair and equitable financial aid awards, Hotchkiss subscribes to the principles and the needs analysis system of School and Student Services (SSS) for Financial Aid. Families can apply for financial aid online by visiting sss.nais.org/parents and completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The Hotchkiss School code is 4012. If you would prefer to complete a paper version of the PFS, please feel free to contact The Office of Financial Aid. If the PFS does not contain information for both natural parents, the non-custodial parent must also complete a separate PFS. If either parent has remarried, the assets of the stepparent are considered, bearing in mind the obligations of that stepparent to his or her natural children.
In addition to completing a PFS, families must submit to SSS the following information along with a Required Documents Cover Sheet (found on the SSS website):
- 2012 and 2011 W-2s (if applicable)
- 2012 and 2011 tax returns and all supporting schedules
- If self-employed, please submit your Schedule C
- If you receive rental income, royalties, or have income reported on a K-1 from a partnership or S corporation, please submit your Schedule E.
- 2012 and 2011 S-Corp or Partnership returns (if applicable)
- Please submit K-1’s and Form 1065 or 1120S.
Please adhere to the deadlines listed below:
- January 15, 2013: All current domestic financial aid families must submit a PFS and all required financial documentation to SSS. Any other required financial documentation must be submitted as soon as possible.
- January 31, 2013: All prospective domestic financial aid families must submit a PFS and all required financial documentation to SSS. Any other required financial documentation must be submitted as soon as possible.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the costs and benefits of a Hotchkiss education. You also may want to check our list of frequently asked questions about financial aid.