About the Alumni Association
Upon graduating from Hotchkiss, every alumnus/a automatically becomes a member of the Alumni Association. The Association works to promote a lifelong love of learning, uphold the School’s values of personal integrity and responsible citizenship, and help alumni stay connected to each other and to Hotchkiss.
Message from the President of the Alumni Association
Dear Hotchkiss Alumni,
Hotchkiss has played a meaningful role in many of our lives. Through the Alumni Association and other ways, we encourage you to keep in touch with the School and fellow alumni. The Board of Governors serves as the executive committee of the Alumni Association and is always looking for ways to engage the Hotchkiss alumni community. We encourage you to reach out to us with suggestions, comments, and any questions.
Tom Seidenstein '91
President, Alumni Association
Miriam Gelber Beveridge '86, VP and Co-Chair, Gender Committee
Sirin Bulakul '06
Adam Casella '06, VP and Chair, Alumni Services Committee
Nathalie Pierrepont Danilovich '03
Charlotte Dillon '10
Marita Bell Fairbanks '84
Meredith "Mark" Gall '59
Peter Gifford '93
Brooke Harlow '92
Caldwell Hart '87, P'16,’20, Secretary and Chair, Nominating Committee for Membership
Keith Holmes '77, VP and Co-Chair, Gender Committee
Annika Lescott '06
Barrett Lester '81
Nisa Leung Lin '88
Nick Moore ’71, P’89,’01,‘06
Paul Mutter '87, VP and Chair, Nominating Committee for Awards
Emily Pressman '98
Chip Quarrier '90, VP and Chair, Communications Committee
Casey Reid '01
Blake Ruddock '12
William Sandberg '65
Tom Seidenstein '91, President
Sheria Smith '01, VP and Chair, Alumni of Color Committee
Richard Staples '74, P'10,'12
Tom Terbell ’95
Michael Thompson '66
Carolyn Toolan '97
Craig Bradley, Head of School
Katie Berlandi '88, P’19,'21 Past President, Alumni Association
Ed Greenberg '55, Past President, Alumni Association
Gwyn Williams '84, P'17,'19 President, The Hotchkiss Fund
Jeannie Weinberg Rose '80, P’18, President, Board of Trustees
To develop and implement membership services as approved by the Board of Governors and in consultation with the School. The committee serves the membership by creating programs and activities that promote lifelong learning experiences and help create a community of trust and respect that values lifelong relationships and shared experiences.
- Sirin Bulakul '06
- Adam Casella '06, chair
- Caldwell Hart '87, P'16, '20
- Keith Holmes '77
- Nisa Leung Lin '88
- Paul Mutter '87
- Sheria Smith '01
- Carolyn Toolan '97
To engage the Alumni Association in activities relating to gender equity issues by providing events which strengthen the relationships of both alumni and students.
- Miriam Gelber Beveridge '86, co-chair
- Keith Holmes '77, co-chair
- Emily Pressman '98
- Michael Thompson '66
- Celebrate our diversity within the context of common goals.
- Engage our broader community of students, faculty, administrators and alumni in a discourse of gender equity to invite perspectives, insights and dialogue from past and present.
- Collaborate with and support the work of the School as it explores the opportunities and expectations of female students.
- Engage alumni and students in programming activities relating to gender issues by providing events which strengthen the relationships of both alumni and students.
- Encourage communication and cooperation with the school by alumni and/or student events while working with the concepts from the Independent School Gender Project to better address these issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other ongoing committees and programming within the Hotchkiss community including the Student/Faculty Gender Issues Committee and the Board of Trustees Gender Task Force Committee.
- To identify candidates and select recipients of the Alumni Award, the Community Service Awards, and other awards or honors such as the Board of Governors from time to time may create.
- To identify candidates and select members for the Board of Governors and Officers of the Alumni Association
- The committee may advise the Organizational Review and Nominating Committee (or equivalent) of the Board of Trustees with regard to possible candidates to the Board of Trustees.
MEMBERS (NOMINATING COMMITTEE, AWARDS):
- Christina Bechhold '03, Chair
- Katie Berlandi '88
- Peter Gifford '93
- Ed Greenberg '55
- Annika Lescott '06
- Paul Mutter '87
MEMBERS (SUB-COMMITTEE FOR BOG MEMBERSHIP):
- Katie Berlandi '88
- Charlotte Dillon '10
- Mark Gall '59
- Ed Greenberg '55
- Caldwell Hart '87, P'16, '20, chair
- Nichole Phillips '89
- Chip Quarrier '90
The Committee invites all alumni to submit nominations for awards and for membership on the Board of Governors. Nominations must include the name and class year of the individual(s) submitting the nomination and of the nominee, as well as a short statement outlining the reasons for the nomination. Except in the case of a self-nomination, alumni are not informed that they are a candidate for any School honor. All information regarding nominees is held in the strictest confidence by both the BOG Nominating Committee and the Office of Alumni Relations.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE ALUMNI AWARD
The Alumni Award recognizes individuals who, through personal achievement, have brought honor and distinction to themselves and the School. The Nominating Committee seeks candidates who have made significant contributions within their fields, and in so doing have earned the recognition of their peers on a national or international level. To nominate someone for the Alumni Award, click here.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS
Presented annually, the Community Service Award honors the service contributions of one or more of its graduates to their respective communities, whether local, national, or international. The Award seeks to recognize individuals who, "in the estimation of the Nominating Committee of the Board of Governors of the alumni association, demonstrate through their volunteer and/or vocational endeavors an exemplary sense of caring, initiative, and ingenuity." To nominate someone for the Community Service Award, click here.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
The work of the Board of Governors focuses on alumni programs, events, and communications, and candidates for the BOG should have an interest in those areas of the School’s work. In addition, the Nominating Committee seeks to have a diverse a pool of candidates in terms of gender, profession, race/ethnicity, geographic area, and age. To nominate someone for the Board of Governors, click here.