Facility Usage Policy
The use of the Forrest E. Mars Jr. Athletic Center (MAC) and other athletic facilities is primarily reserved for Hotchkiss students, current employees and their immediate families. Retired faculty and staff members are also welcome to use the Hotchkiss athletic facilities, but are asked to check in with Campus Security for use of the John R. Chandler Fitness Center* (please see below).
Alumni and parents of current students visiting Lakeville for short periods of time may use the field house and the Joseph Cullman Squash Courts during certain hours when those facilities are not in use for team practices or other co-curricular activities. Use of other facilities is permitted under the following conditions:
- John R. Chandler Fitness Center* — please read below.
- Schmidt and Dwyer Rinks — only when accompanied by a current student or a current or retired member of the faculty or staff, and then only when not in use by students or teams; and limited to official “Open Skate” periods.
- Ford Indoor Tennis Courts — only when not in use by teams or other members of the on-campus community (primarily weekday mornings). Current parents or parents of alumni who are regarded by the Alumni Office as active volunteers for the School and have been cleared by the Alumni Office are also permitted to use the indoor courts within the above guidelines. Those who do not fall under either category must be accompanied either by a community member or an approved non-community member.
- Hixon Pool — Residents of Sharon and Salisbury, Conn., may use the pool at designated times through the Sharon and Salisbury Parks and Recreation Offices.
* Beginning June 21, 2017, access to the Chandler Fitness Center will be available by swiping an activated campus ID/electronic key fob or a visitor’s badge. Current students, faculty, staff and members of the residential community can use their current key fobs to access the center. All other non-residential community members, guests and visitors should check in at Campus Security (in the basement of Coy Dormitory) for a visitor’s badge. Sharing of an assigned electronic access device is prohibited and may result in loss of privileges.
Children under the age of 18 visiting the School with an alumnus/a or parent of a current student may also use the above facilities when they are not in use for team practices and club sports, provided that the child’s parent or the alumnus/a is present.
All visitors, or the parent of any visitor under the age of 18, must sign a waiver prior to using any of the above facilities. Waivers, including the Parental Consent Release and the Athletic Facility Usage Waiver, should be submitted to the Athletic Office or Campus Security (basement of Coy) prior to using the facilities during these times:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The Athletic Office (first floor of the MAC), the Alumni and Development Office (Monahan), or Campus Security (in the basement of Coy Dormitory).
Saturdays and Sundays
Campus Security (in the basement of Coy Dormitory)
For questions, please contact Campus Security at 860-435-2591 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.