Campus Services & Support
- Campus Stores & Online Book Orders
- Dining Services
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library
- Information Technology Services
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning
- Packages, Mail and Shipping
- Student Bank, Debit Card, and Student ID
The Campus Store offers both necessities for the dormitory and classroom, as well as Hotchkiss gear and personal supplies. The main store is located on the lower level of Main Building. A second store is opened during game days on the main level of the MAC. Contact us via email at email@example.com
The Campus Store (lower level of Main Building)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Saturday
main level of the MAC)
Mealtimes are a chance for students to relax, catch up with friends, and enjoy informal discussions with faculty. Hotchkiss is committed to providing high-quality food, sourced locally and sustainably whenever possible.
The dining hall serves three meals a day, seven days a week. Between meals, students can use their Hotchkiss debit card at the snack bar, located in Main Building near the Dining Hall.
Hotchkiss enhances teaching and learning by providing state-of-the-art technology resources, services, and support, including:
- mobile computing equipment for all faculty and students
- a robust wired and wireless network that covers the majority of campus facilities
- multimedia presentation equipment in all of our learning spaces
- software and online services that enable communication and collaboration for faculty and students
- computer science courses, experiential learning opportunities, and clubs for students interested in computer programming and application development
- specialty technologies to support creative uses of media, like digital photography, video production, dance and theater productions, and an online student radio station
PUBLIC COMPUTERS AND PRINTERS
Public computers and printers are available in the Watson Computing Facility and Edsel Ford Memorial Library.
The HelpDesk can be reached at (860) 435-4487
There are coin- and debit card-operated laundry machines in the basements of Buehler, Dana, Edelman, Flinn, Garland, Memorial, Tinker, Watson, and Wieler dorms.
An optional laundry and dry cleaning service, E&R (the Campus Laundry) is located in the basement of Tinker Hall. Students can sign up for this service at www.TheCampusLaundry.com. To see details of E&R’s services at Hotchkiss, use the password BM39.
Packages and Mail
Central receiving, located in the lower level of the Main Building, allows students to send and receive large packages, trunks, and all UPS packages. Students may use their debit card, cash, or checks when sending packages.
Central Receiving Hours:
Monday- Friday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed on weekends
Students can send and receive general mail through the post office, also located on the lower level of the Main Building.
Post Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Shipping to Hotchkiss
United Parcel Service (UPS)
When sending packages via UPS, use the street address: 11 Interlaken Road, Lakeville, CT 06039-2141.
Maximum weight per package: 150 pounds
Maximum size (combined length and girth): 165 L x W x H divided by 194
Insurance (contents only): $100
Additional Insurance: 75 cents for each $100 of value
Note: There is an $8 handling fee for all duffel bags being shipped (must contain only clothing) or items not packed inside a corrugated cardboard box.
Fourth-Class Mail/Priority Mail
Maximum weight per package: 70 pounds
Maximum size (combined length and girth): 108 inches
- Personal effects shipped via U.S. mail can be picked up at the Hotchkiss post office.
- Suitcases, duffel bags, and footlockers must be locked when shipped.
- For packages exceeding weight and size limits for U.S. Mail: Contact a local common carrier (freight trucking company) or freight line. Be aware of insurance limit.
- Pay all freight/shipping charges in advance, as Hotchkiss will not accept any cash on delivery (C.O.D.) packages.
Every student receives a Hotchkiss debit card, activated with an initial deposit. The card serves as an ID and dorm access card and allows students to make school-related purchases, including transportation, sports equipment, book store items, and laundry. Students can also withdraw money for personal spending. If the card is lost or broken, students can obtain a replacement for $25.00.
Parents have the option of imposing spending restrictions on the account using the Spending Restrictions form (PDF). We recommend that a student begin the school year without any restrictions on the card so they may access all funds. One Card login and password information is mailed to new parents each July.
Questions? Email Nancy Hiller or call her at 860-435-3165 between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
The Hotchkiss chaplain arranges rides to local houses of worship for anyone interested in attending religious services. In addition, the chaplaincy organizes a variety of events on campus, including Bible study, Sunday worship services, Holy Week services, and a Yom Kippur break-fast meal at the chaplain’s house.
Campus Safety and Security
Campus security, located on the ground floor of Coy dormitory, is on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Security manages the main phone switchboard (860-435-2591). To contact security at any time, students can dial 0 from any campus phone.