The Hotchkiss Faculty shapes the student experience as teachers, coaches, advisors, dormitory supervisors, and mentors. We seek to recruit and retain dedicated faculty members who can support students and guide them through their days. The Hotchkiss Faculty is deeply committed to the power of education and the joy of helping students realize their potential. As a faculty member, work is much more than a job—it’s an all-in commitment to building an engaged academic and residential community. Faculty members perform a range of duties, as assigned by the Dean of Faculty, that may include:
- Teaching classes
- Guiding and supervising residential dormitories
- Coaching athletic and other co-curricular teams
- Club advising
- Academic advising
Candidates for all faculty positions (excluding the Dean of Faculty position) should email a letter of interest, résumé, list of three references, and academic transcripts to:
Dean of Faculty
Associate Head of School
The Hotchkiss School
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039-2141
phone: (860) 435-3185
fax: (860) 435-8056
Hotchkiss faculty members enjoy many benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Updated housing and basic utilities provided (full-time faculty)
- Three options of medical coverage are offered through Aetna; vision and dental care are offered as well.
- Generous retirement benefits include participation in TIAA-CREF and School-matched contributions.
- Substantial professional development is available as it relates to a faculty position and the needs of the School in support of advance degree work and participation in professional conferences, workshops, summer study, and sabbaticals.
- 100% Hotchkiss-paid basic life insurance, short and long term disability plans
- Travel program opportunities with students around the world and the country
- Campus opportunities for intellectual engagement, such as speakers, faculty symposia, colloquia, and visiting scholars and artists
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library and numerous other scholarly resources
- Arts happenings, including shows in the Tremaine Art Gallery and performances in the Katherine M. Elfers Hall and Walker Auditorium
- Athletic facilities, including the state-of-the-art Mars Athletic Center (including fitness rooms, squash courts, an Olympic-size pool, ice rinks), outdoor track, playing fields, golf course, and tennis courts
- Faculty families can enjoy daily meals in the dining hall during the school year, with vegetarian and gluten-free options, daily soups, salad and sandwich bars. Dining hall offerings reflect the School’s commitment to sustainable food practices and healthy living.
- Faculty who qualify can receive tuition remission or portable tuition for their children's secondary school education at Hotchkiss or a similar institution.
- Family access to community resources and athletic facilities
- Pre-school childcare is offered at the Cynthia White Childcare Center (pending space availability).
- A range of wellness programs, including exercise classes like yoga, spin, and pilates; community meals and gatherings; and special offers.
- Natural surroundings, including Beeslick Woods and hiking trails, Lake Wononscopomuc and water activities, and Hotchkiss Beach