Hotchkiss offers SAT testing on campus at designated times throughout the year and provides transportation to off-campus testing sites for the ACT and other standardized exams.
Test prep is available on campus through High End Test Prep. Students also have access to two online services:
- My College QuickStart, useful for college planning.
- Method Test Prep offers both SAT and ACT preparation. This program provides self-paced instruction, including video and audio tutorials, practice quizzes, and full-length tests. Students can access Method Test Prep by logging into the Student portal.
General Testing Timeline
October: Seniors may take SAT Reasoning or SAT Subject Tests (consult college advisors). Upper mids take PSAT.
November: Seniors take may SAT Reasoning or SAT Subject Tests. Listening exams for SAT modern language subject tests are offered only in November. Upper mids are encouraged to take the November SAT Reasoning.
- December: Seniors may take SAT Reasoning or SAT Subject Tests.
- April: Some Upper mids take the ACT with Writing
- May: AP exams administered. Upper mids take SAT Reasoning Test.
- June: Upper mids (and some preps and lower mids) may take SAT Subject Tests; some Upper mids take the ACT with Writing.
SAT Concordance Tables
Many of the statistics published by colleges and various guides are using SAT averages and ranges of the "old" SAT, which was last administered in January 2016. The "old" SAT and the current version of the SAT are graded on a different scale. (i.e. the raw scores of the current SAT scores are inflated in comparison to the "old" SAT). The concordance tables will enable you to interpret your SAT score in the context of the old scores and what colleges are reporting. The data in Naviance (for the Class of 2016 and earlier) are based on the "old" SAT. These tables will help you navigate and understand Naviance.
Testing RegistrationFor SATs, register at www.collegeboard.com; for the ACT, go to http://www.actstudent.org
Director of College Advising