The College Office plays an important role in helping students manage their time and stay organized during the college application process. Ultimately, however, it is the student’s responsibility to research post-graduation options, meet deadlines, and plan their future.
Working with the College Office
To make the most of their relationship with the College Office, students should assume the following responsibilities:
- Identify their personal and educational goals
- Communicate on a regular basis with their college advisors
- Communicate with their families
- Investigate and adhere to specific admission requirements and deadlines (standardized testing, curricular and otherwise) of each institution to which they apply.
- Maintain an accurate college application list on Naviance.
- Submit all application materials and standardized test scores to each college or university to which they apply
The College Office promises to do the following:
- Advise with the highest ethical and professional standards consistent with Hotchkiss’s expectations of character, honesty and integrity.
- Submit transcripts, Hotchkiss recommendations, and secondary school materials to each college or university on a student’s Naviance list
- Encourage students and families to explore the range of excellent educational opportunities nationally and internationally, as well as other options, including a gap year, that might complement a student’s educational goals
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents throughout the college process
- Protect the privacy of each student and hold their personal information in confidence
Director of College Advising