To create an environment of innovation and collaboration, Hotchkiss offers state-of-the-art technology in the classrooms, labs, dormitories, and throughout the campus. Below are just a few of the ways students can engage with our resources:
- Science learning: Labs house specialty equipment for students to explore subjects, like DNA testing, physics, robotics, environmental, and the atmospheric studies.
- The Hotchkiss Observatory: The campus has made a concerted effort to reduce light pollution, enabling improved stargazing with a clarity that is unique to this region. The Hotchkiss Observatory is a powerful tool to research and observe stellar activities at night.
- Technology learning: Hotchkiss offers computer science courses, experiential learning opportunities, and clubs for students interested in computer programming and application development.
- Performing arts: Students learn the art of set and lighting design for dance and theater productions, and have access to a digital recording studio and specialized music practice and rehearsal rooms. Katherine Elfers Hall is designed to provide professional grade acoustics and digital recording.
- Media technology: Students can study creative media, digital photography, and video production, with equipment such as laser cutters, 3-d printers, an online student radio station.
- Library - The library offers many online subscription services and databases, and houses specialty equipment in the Maker Space and classrooms.
- Unexpected teaching facilities: Technology enables classroom learning in unexpected learning spaces, such as the Biomass Facility and the Fairfield Farm.
- Teaching and Learning Center: Video classrooms to help teachers explore their craft and learning spaces that utilizes technology to promote collaboration.
- Mathematics: Upper level math courses incorporates coding
- Student groups: Students meet and create apps.
All students are provided with:
- mobile computing equipment for all faculty and students
- a robust wired and wireless network that covers the majority of campus facilities
- multimedia presentation equipment in all of our learning spaces
- software and online services that enable communication and collaboration for faculty and students
PUBLIC COMPUTERS AND PRINTERS
Public computers and printers are available in the Edsel Ford Memorial Library.
For more information,
Information Technology Services