Explore Admission & Financial Aid
Ready to begin your Hotchkiss admissions journey? We're here to help with all the information and tools you need.
Our diverse student body is filled with curious learners, analytical thinkers, and socially conscious individuals. We're here to help the bright and brilliant access their full potential and prepare for college. If this sounds like your child, welcome! We're thrilled that you are considering applying to Hotchkiss.
As one of the top independent prep schools in Connecticut, we are committed to academic excellence — and tuition that's accessible to everybody. Learn more about financial aid at Hotchkiss.
Start your journey at Hotchkiss, one of the top private secondary schools in New England, with these five steps:
- Tell us about yourself: Complete an admission inquiry form. Let us know if you're planning to join a sports team or are interested in the arts by filling out the available additional forms.
- Come visit: Tour our campus and arrange an interview. These are optional but recommended. We'd love to meet you and answer any questions you may have! Tours are available from the fall through January.
- Take a standardized test: The earlier, the better! This helps us ensure your results are scored as early in the application process as possible. Follow this link for more information about standardized testing.
- Complete the application: We use this material to assess how well you would fit into our school community. This will include a statement from your parents as well as teacher recommendations. Follow this link to the application page.
- Submit supplemental materials (optional): If you have any portfolios or reels you'd like to share with us, related to sports or arts in particular, feel free to upload them.
One of the cornerstones of Hotchkiss is our belief that quality education should be financially accessible to all, regardless of background or economic status. This is why we are committed to offering generous financial aid opportunities.
We award over $10 million in financial aid, and that number continues to rise. In fact, 33% of Hotchkiss students receive financial aid, with 31% of aid recipients attending school tuition-free.
As you apply to Hotchkiss, keep the following tips in mind:
- Campus tours are available and highly recommended! Schedule yours in the fall to get a glimpse into what could be your new school and home. This is a good time to ask any questions and get a sense of the community culture on campus.
- Apply before January 15, 2020 to meet the deadline for next year's enrollment.
- Don't forget to work through our required steps and materials checklist to ensure enough time to assemble transcripts and take the necessary tests.