Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some questions that we hear frequently from prospective families. Click on the question to see the answer.
- Is an admission interview required?
- What happens during an interview?
- What if I want to speak to a particular faculty member?
- What is the average financial aid award?
- What is the application process for home-schooled applicants?
- Does Hotchkiss offer merit-based scholarships?
- What are the tuition, room, board, and fees?
- What is the most important part of my application?
- What happens if my application is late?
- If English is my second language, should I submit a TOEFL?
- When should I take my SSAT/ISEE exams?
- Can I visit classes or spend a night in the dormitories?
- When should I begin my application process?
- When should I ask my teachers to submit their recommendations?