Athletic facilities at Hotchkiss are designed to foster a positive attitude toward physical well-being and promote a lifelong enjoyment of fitness. The health and wellness of our students, faculty, and staff is a top priority. Indoor and outdoor facilities are available to the entire campus community through the diverse interscholastic and club programs offered to students, and through the many programs offered through a wellness initiative for faculty and staff.
- 4,000-square-foot Field House with multi-purpose playing surfaces and a two-lane, 1/11th-mile elevated indoor exercise track. The Field House includes a batting cage for our baseball and softball teams.
- Natatorium - the 10-lane Hixon Pool with a separate diving well
- Ice Hockey Rinks (two) – the Thomas Schmidt Rink (NHL) and Andrew K. Dwyer and Martin Dwyer III Rink (Olympic)
- William C. Fowle Gymnasium (hardwood-floor basketball court)
- Edward R. Davis Wrestling Room
- Joseph Cullman Squash Courts - eight international courts
- William and Martha Ford Indoor Tennis Courts - three indoor courts
- John R. Chandler, Jr. Fitness Center
- Athletic Training Rooms
- Locker Rooms and Shower Facilities
The School's 827-acre campus offers many unique features for outdoor athletics.
- A nine-hole golf course
- The Baker Complex, which includes:
- All-weather Hemingway Track (6 lanes), replaced in summer 2009
- Sprole Field, the Hotchkiss Football Stadium, with synthetic field turf
- William Shirley Fulton Field House
- Centennial Field (soccer, lacrosse)
- 15 outdoor tennis courts
- Joseph Cullman Paddle Tennis Courts (two)
- Malkin Climbing Walls
- Hoyt Field (baseball stadium, soccer) Newly renovated in 2015
- Taylor Field (soccer, football and lacrosse)
- Class of '49 Fields (girls soccer, softball, field hockey, lacrosse)
- Downing Field (synthetic turf field for field hockey and girls lacrosse)
- Lake Wononscopomuc (sailing)
- The Boat House next to Lake Wononscopomuc includes locker rooms, two restroom facilities, and a coach/equipment room. The sailing team has Boston Whalers, fifteen 420's, six FJ's and two Lasers.
- Three ponds and extensive hiking trails on an 827-acre wooded campus
- The Larsen Perimeter Trail, a seven-mile loop that connects the School's scenic natural areas