Track and Field Finishes Strong at Championship; Two Bearcats Break Records
By Jeff Hinz
In a fantastic finish to the 2023 outdoor varsity track and field season, both the boys and the girls teams placed second in the Founders League Championships on Saturday, May 13.
The boys highlights:
- Arop Arop ’23 won the High Jump at 6'4" and Owen Larbestier ’23 placed second.
- Chase Dobson ’23 placed second in the 3000m with a personal best time of 9:03.12
- Anish Reid ’23 placed 2nd in the Triple Jump with a personal best 44' 2"
- Mo Nuhu ’23 won the 100m and set a new Hotchkiss School record at 10.83. The old record was 10.93 held by Alex Amidon ’10 and Francis Atuahene ’15.
The girls highlights:
- Paige Dzenutis ’23 won the high jump (second year in a row) and placed second in the triple jump with a personal record of 36' 1.25 (second best jump in Hotchkiss history)
- The 4x100m team of Christa Prasertsintanah ’23, Leanna Wells ’23, Anji Ashaye ’24, Quinn Pollack ’25 placed second.
- The 4x400m team of Julia Widen '24, Quinn Pollack '25, Anji Ashaye '24, and Christa Prasertsintanah '23 placed first with a season best time of 4:03.07.
- Julia Widen ’24 placed second in the 100m high hurdles and 300m hurdles and won the long jump with a career best jump of 17' 6.25".
- Quinn Pollack ’25 won the 300m hurdles.
- Christa Prasertsintanah ’23 won the 400m for the second year in a row and set a Loomis facility record and Hotchkiss School record with a time of 57.80. The previous record was 58.03 held by Dannie Henry ’14.
Cheers and congratulations to the entire 2022-2023 varsity track and field team!