As the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak is rapidly evolving, we hope this webpage serves as a valuable resource to all members of the Hotchkiss community.
Thank you for the important role you play in keeping our community safe and healthy.
- How do I get my belongings from my dorm room?
- Will families receive reimbursement for room and board?
- Will the economic downturn affect my financial aid package for the coming academic year?
- Will I still be considered a Hotchkiss graduate if I don’t participate in the traditional Graduation ceremony?
- Will classes resume as scheduled in the fall?
- Is the College Advising Office still operating?
- I am a spring varsity athlete hoping to compete in college. I am concerned that this situation will impact recruiting. What should I do?
- What will happen with AP testing this May?
- What about SAT/ACT testing scheduled for June?
- Will the Hotchkiss Summer Portals program still convene?
- Should I be concerned about my student visa status?
- What does distance learning look like?
- How will Hotchkiss keep the feeling of community alive for students during this period?
How are you helping to flatten the curve?
During these unprecedented days away from Hotchkiss, many students, faculty and staff members, alumni, and parents are working to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 infection. We want to share your stories. Are you volunteering with a local agency? Working on the frontlines in healthcare? Bringing inspiration and hope to those who are struggling? Developing creative ways to help in your community?
Send us your story and a photo (it will look even better if you are wearing Hotchkiss gear!) along with a caption that we can share with the Hotchkiss community.
We recognize this ever-changing situation is highly disruptive. We encourage you to reach out to us with questions and concerns.
Dean of Academic Life:
Jared Hall / (860) 435-3186
Dean of Community Life:
Steve McKibben P'22 / (860) 435-3739
Dean of Residential Life:
Heather Perrenoud P'22 / (860) 435-3739
Director of International Programs:
David Thompson / (860) 435-3179
Deans' Office: (860) 435-3739 or (860) 435-3189
Jared Zelman M.D. P'04