Hotchkiss Resident Teaching Fellows help to create an exciting and engaging student experience in the Summer Portals program — as advisors, dormitory supervisors, teachers, and mentors.
Hotchkiss is deeply committed to the craft of teaching, the power of education, and the joy of helping students realize the potential in themselves. Fellows support students, care for students’ well-being, and guide them throughout their weeks on campus. Additionally, Fellows ensure that student life during Summer Portals is inclusive and fun. Simply put, we hope to recruit a diverse and dedicated group of Fellows who truly love working with students. View our current summer fellow career opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
- Updated housing and basic utilities provided for full-time summer fellows.
Campus opportunities for intellectual engagement, such as speakers, visiting scholars and artists.
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library and numerous other scholarly resources.
Arts happenings, including shows in the Tremaine Art Gallery and performances in the Katherine M. Elfers Hall and Walker Auditorium.
- Athletic facilities, including the state-of-the-art Mars Athletic Center (including fitness rooms, squash courts, indoor pool, ice rinks), outdoor track, playing fields, golf course, and tennis courts.
- Daily meals in the dining hall during the school year. Dining hall offerings reflect the School’s commitment to sustainable food practices and healthy living.
Family access to community resources and athletic facilities.
- Natural surroundings, including Beeslick Woods and hiking trails, Lake Wononscopomuc and water activities, and Hotchkiss Beach.