Hotchkiss staff members make the School a unique place to work and learn — as managers, administrative staff, grounds keepers, librarians, writers, and coordinators. They are integral members of the School's community and help to sustain an engaged academic, athletic, and residential community. Hotchkiss seeks to recruit and retain talented and skilled staff members who are deeply committed to the power of education, the joy of helping students realize their potential, and the importance of sustaining an enriching learning environment.
Hotchkiss staff members enjoy many benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid time off accrual in addition to paid holidays
- Funding for professional development is available to support advanced degree work and participation in professional conferences.
- Three options of medical coverage are offered through Aetna; vision and dental care are offered as well.
- Generous retirement benefits include participation in TIAA-CREF and School-matched contributions.
- 100% Hotchkiss-paid basic life insurance, short term and long term disability plans
- Substantial professional development is available to support advanced degree work and participation in professional conferences and workshops.
- Campus opportunities for intellectual engagement, such as speakers, faculty symposia, colloquia, and visiting scholars and artists
- Arts happenings, including shows in the Tremaine Art Gallery and performances in the Katherine M. Elfers Hall and Walker Auditorium
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library and numerous other scholarly resources
- Athletic facilities, including the state-of-the-art Mars Athletic Center (including fitness rooms, squash courts, an Olympic-size pool, ice rinks), outdoor track, playing fields, golf course, and tennis courts
- Daily meals in the dining hall during the school year, with vegetarian and gluten-free options, daily soups, salad and sandwich bars. Dining hall offerings reflect the School’s commitment to sustainable food practices and healthy living.
- Tuition benefits for eligible faculty and staff children, including tuition remission and portable tuition remission
- Family access to community resources, including athletic facilities and the Cynthia White Childcare Center
- A range of wellness programs, including exercise classes like yoga, spin, and pilates; community meals and gatherings; and special offers.
- Natural surroundings, including Beeslick Woods and hiking trails, Lake Wononscopomuc and water activities, and Hotchkiss Beach