Hotchkiss staff members are integral members of the School's community and help to sustain an engaged learning environment. While some staff positions are closely tied to the academic schedule, most positions maintain campus operations throughout the year. Hotchkiss seeks to recruit and retain skilled staff members with diverse backgrounds who are deeply committed to the importance of sustaining an enriching learning environment, who strive for excellence and foster a respectful workplace. View our current staff career opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive medical plans with three options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Retirement benefits, administered through TIAA, with generous School-matched contributions.
- 100% Hotchkiss-paid basic life insurance, short and long term disability plans.
Tuition assistance is available by application for job related, accredited education courses. Approved tuition assistance funds 50% of the cost of tuition and books, up to $5,250 annually.
- Professional development funded through individual departments.
Campus opportunities for intellectual engagement, such as speakers, visiting scholars and artists.
- Edsel Ford Memorial Library and numerous other scholarly resources.
Arts happenings, including shows in the Tremaine Art Gallery and performances in the Katherine M. Elfers Hall and Walker Auditorium.
- Athletic facilities, including the state-of-the-art Mars Athletic Center (including fitness rooms, squash courts, indoor pool, ice rinks), outdoor track, playing fields, golf course, and tennis courts.
- Staff who qualify are eligible to receive tuition remission or portable tuition for their children's secondary school education at Hotchkiss or a similar institution.
Family access to community resources and athletic facilities.
- Infant through pre-school childcare is offered on campus at the Cynthia White Childcare Center (dependent on space availability).
- A range of wellness programs, including exercise classes such as yoga, spin, HIIT and pilates; community meals and gatherings; and special offers
- Natural surroundings, including Beeslick Woods and hiking trails, Lake Wononscopomuc and water activities, and Hotchkiss Beach.
Staff are encouraged to improve their skills and increase their job knowledge through additional education and/or training. Tuition assistance is available by application to regular full-time staff employed for a minimum of one year, for accredited education courses that are job-related or of future benefit to the School, such as qualified degree programs. Approved tuition assistance funds 50% of the cost of tuition and books, up to $5,250 annually, if an employee is pursuing education or development at their own request.
Hotchkiss also supports employees’ professional development funded through individual departments.