- 2017-18 End of School Year Bus Schedule
- Prices and Procedures
- In the Event of a Late Return
- Additional Information
- Area Car Services
Ticket Prices One Way:
Ticket Prices One Way: Bradley $30 / JFK or LGA $35 / Wassaic Train Station-Metro North $10
- Reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For all major breaks, there will be no returning bus from either JFK or LGA Airports.
- Travel information is gathered in a Google survey and reservations are purchased on the OneCard web access system.
- Bus reservations go on sale two - three weeks prior to break.
- It is important to remember that the buses must leave promptly; students are expected to be on time to board or will need to make other travel arrangements.
- Arrival times are approximate; allow plenty of time for connections, weather & travel conditions. We will make every attempt to arrive at the airports and train station as close to the predicted time as possible. However, in the event of a delayed arrival, Hotchkiss will not be liable for costs incurred resulting from the delay.
- All buses depart from - and return to - the Main Circle at Hotchkiss.
- Train schedules listed below are approximate and based on limited information provided by the MTA – please check the MTA website for accurate arrival and departure times.
In the event of a late return (including inclement weather and travel), it is imperative that the School know the whereabouts of all students at check-in.
- Students returning from a break are expected to be on campus no later than 10:00 p.m. check-in.
- A student who knows he or she will return to campus from a break later than the 10:00 p.m. check-in (or returning on a different time or day then previously approved) should call the School in order to notify the Dean on Duty at (860) 435-2591.
- Immediately upon returning to the campus, the student should check in with the Deans’ Office (if during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or with Security (if after business hours).
- In the event of any late return always speak directly to the Dean on Duty; call Security and ask to be connected.
Students returning from New York City on a Metro-North train should plan to leave Grand Central Terminal no later than 6:00 p.m., arriving in Wassaic by 8:00 p.m. Later trains will not allow for return to the dorm prior to dorm closing. The most up-to-date schedules and fares for the Metro-North Harlem Valley Line can be obtained at: http://web.mta.info/schedules or by calling 1-800-METRO-INFO.
If your student will not be 16 years of age and will be traveling by air, we suggest that you check with your travel agent before booking flights to see if any restrictions are in place with respect to underage children traveling alone. Some airlines have more restrictive policies than others and demand a higher level of services for unaccompanied minors. Please note that the School does not provide escort services to or from airports. If you need special services, please call Lakeville Livery at (860) 435-8000 to make arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Droz, dean of students at (860) 435-3739.
TAXI & LIMOUSINES:
- Antique Limousine Service, Bethlehem, CT (800) 917-9537
- Carriage Limo, Oxford, CT (203) 264-1002
- Executive Livery, Goshen, CT (860) 491-3955
- Lakeville Livery, 19 Railroad Street, Salisbury, CT (860) 435-8000
- Lindsey Limousine, 200 Addison Road, Windsor, CT 06095 (800) 546-3739
The transportation companies listed above are provided for general informational purposes only. Use of any of these companies is at your own risk. The Hotchkiss School does not arrange private transportation.